Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reply to Inital Comment on Portfolio

My portfolio had all the components that show good writing. It explained what each trait meant in my own words and how I felt I accomplished that trait in the quarter. I hope to continue to learn more and more about argumentative writing in the next semester.


Parent Comment:
1. I really enjoyed reading through and discussion with Austin his portfolio. I am especially impressed with how computer savy Austin has become.

2. I believe that Austin's attainment of the "voice" trait is most valuable in his writings. I can easily see that he is passionate about what he is writing about and can feel what he is feeling. Many of his writings, especially his Coming of Age piece, brought tears to my eyes as I can connect to what he was feeling as he describes situations from his days as a young boy. Then again, I am his mom so the pride pours out of me when he recalls these memorable times! =)

3. I would like Austin to focus more on his Conclusion and Presentation. I feel that if he is more conscientious and takes more time proof reading before completing a project, it would make his work that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment